SONGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME
with CHRISTOPHER DUIGAN (piano)
FRIDAY 11 AUGUST
'CASA MEXICANA' - 35 Montgomery Drive, Athlone
R200 including dinner from 6:30 pm
Booking is essential: firstname.lastname@example.org or MUSIC REVIVAL 083 417 4473 (sms) or WhatsApp
• Tickets are R200 including a light meal on offer from 6:30 pm
• Dinner guests should please bring their own wine.
• The venue opens 6:30 pm on Friday.
• Bookings of 4 or more have a reserved or join other guests at one of the communal tables.
• For those who wish to attend the concert only the ticket is R120 (including refreshments) with music starting at approx. 7:45 pm.
• Please include your contact numbers in all email and telephone booking.
Christopher Duigan turns his hand to a light-hearted selection of charming popular classics in 'Songs My Mother Taught Me'. Duigan has entertained local audiences with numerous performances of beautiful piano music from the classical and popular repertoire.
With an emphasis on elegance, charm and grace, this selection of music evokes a bygone world of nostalgic classics, often associated with salon music and gatherings at the family piano. The programme features a highly appealing selection of popular melodies. Included here are ‘Beethoven’s 'Minuet in G', Brahms’s 'Waltz in A-flat', Dvorak's ‘Humoresque', Rubenstein's 'Melody in F' and 'The Maiden's Prayer'. The popular evergreens 'Parade of the Tin Soldier’, 'Rustle of Spring’ and 'The Teddy Bear's Picnic' bring this delightful selection to a jaunty close.